• A great cardiovascular workout – making the heart muscle and lungs stronger and helping to reduce blood pressure
• A great muscular workout – the resistance of water increases work load by 14% that of land based exercise helping to increase muscular strength and endurance
• A great flexibility workout – helps maintain and increase your range of movement which is very important for older adults
• A great fat burning exercise – Harvard medical School suggest that approx 270 calories in a 45 minute session are burnt
• The hydrostatic pressure of the water promotes an increase in circulation
Other positive results of exercise in water can include a sense of relaxation and psychological well-being….